31-year-old Brenda Jackson, a mother of six and Iraq war veteran, has been missing from her Park Forest, IL home since January 3.
Brenda was reportedly last seen on that Sunday night by her father, who had dropped her off at her home. She was reported missing two days later, on January 5th.
Here’s the timeline as we know it so far:
- Sunday, January 3: Brenda is dropped off by her father at her home in the 200 block of Arcadia in Park Forest, IL. The time of the drop off is unknown, but she speaks with her mother by phone at 10:30 PM, and tells her mother that she’s home alone. Her six children are staying at her parents’ house so she can get up early for work the next morning.
- Monday, January 4: Brenda is scheduled to be at work at Rich South High School in Richton Park at 5:30 AM but never shows up.
- Tuesday, January 5: Brenda’s mother and husband report her missing to the Park Forest Police Department.
The last activity on Brenda’s cell phone was reportedly the phone call with her mother at 10:30 PM on January 3. There has been no activity on her credit cards either. Her purse and coat were found inside her home.
Brenda’s family and friends have been conducting searches in the area, but the freezing temperatures are no doubt making it difficult.
Some questions I have that I have not been able to find the answers to yet:
- When was the last time her husband saw her and what was their relationship like?
- Has Brenda ever left for any periods of time before this?
- Have the police ever been called to the home before?
- Was Brenda known to suffer from depression or was she taking any meds?
- Why did it take so long to report her missing after she didn’t show up to work?
- When did her husband notice that she was missing?
Police told reporters that they are following up on all leads, including a tip that Brenda may have been spotted in Chicago.
Brenda is Hispanic, 31 years old, 5′ tall and 125 pounds. She has a scar on her upper chest, and star tattoos on both sides of her neck. She also has a heart tattooed on her ring finger and a tattoo that says “Michael” on her left inner wrist.
Anyone with info about where Brenda is should call the Park Forest Police Department Investigations Division at 708-748-1309 or 9-1-1.