It was January 14, 2009. A 16-month-old toddler named Benjamin Kingan died at a Lake County, Illinois daycare center. The cause of death was ruled a skull fracture and the manner of death a homicide. Melissa Calusinski, a 22-year-old Teacher’s Assistant at the daycare, was charged and ultimately convicted of his murder. Years later, new evidence was discovered that shows Ben may not have died from a skull fracture after all, and that his death may not have been a homicide.
- Appellate Court of Illinois Second District Ruling
- YouTube Interrogation Videos
- 48 Hours
- Official Justice For Melissa Calusinski Family Page
If you’d like to discuss this case, please join our active discussion on the Court Junkie Discussion Facebook Group.
Latest posts by Jillian LP (see all)
- Ep 19: Charlie Tan and the Murder of His Father - April 17, 2017
- Ep 18: Kenia Monge and “The Good Samaritan” - April 10, 2017
- Ep 17: Confronting Her Attacker – Christy Mack and War Machine - March 28, 2017