Conrad Roy III
Michelle Carter, during the reading of the verdict
Conrad Roy at his graduation
At just 18 years old, Conrad Roy III tragically took his own life in July 2014. When police arrived at the scene, they found his cell phone, which would reveal some shocking text messages he had been exchanging with his alleged girlfriend at the time, 17-year-old Michelle Carter. Was Michelle encouraging him to commit suicide, and if so, could she be found legally responsible for his death?
A special thank you to Daniel Medwed from Northeastern University and Kelly Montemurro for her help with researching this case. Follow Daniel on Twitter @DanielMedwed.
To watch the entire trial on YouTube, check out LadyJustice2188’s Channel. This podcast contains selected clips, but you can find the entire trial on that channel (along with many other trials).
Music in this episode by:
- Walking by Borrtex – http://freemusicarchive.org/
- 5 Minute Meditations (album mix with alpha waves) by Lee Rosevere – http://freemusicarchive.org/
music/Lee_Rosevere/5_Minute_ Meditations/11_-_5_Minute_ Meditations_album_mix_with_ alpha_waves
- Ability by Borrtex – http://freemusicarchive.org/
- Suspect Located by Scott Holmes – http://freemusicarchive.org/
music/Scott_Holmes/ Documentary__TV_series/ Suspect_Located_1
- Victory by Borrtex – http://freemusicarchive.org/
- Laberynth Mind by Marcos H. Bolanos – http://freemusicarchive.org/
music/Marcos_H_Bolanos/ Unchained_Melodies_Vol2/ Laberynth_Mind_master
- Peaceful Mind by Borrtex – http://freemusicarchive.org/
- Determination by Borrtex – http://freemusicarchive.org/